BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

when it rains, it pours..

i just can't contain what i feel. God is so amazing. and He remains faithful despite my unworthiness. since my last post, a lot of good things have happened (and i know, will still happen). here are some of the highlights of my week:
*yesterday, alpha and i attended the 12pm mass at the Parish of the Holy Sacrifice. it was the feast of St. Josemaria Escriva, the founder of Opus Dei. the very essence of the homily was this: Sanctity is possible. There is something holy in the very ordinary things that happen in our lives. and i agree. i believe we just have to open our eyes to see the beauty and purpose of everything. easier said than done. but believe me, life will be better if we learn how to see the positive rather than the negative. take it from me. ^_^ after the mass, a lady approached us and gave us prayer cards. and i felt blessed. the lady was Ma'am Punzalan, a faculty from the Institute of Biology. happy kame ni alpha na na-meet namin siya. bagong prayer partner na naman. i remember shy, she was the one who shared to me the prayer of Jabez, "extend my territory." ^_^
*today, i woke up with a not-so-peaceful heart. maybe because i didn't have a restful sleep (i've been thinking a lot lately). and maybe because i was a little worried about my meeting with my thesis adviser. i said my morning prayer and offered everything to God. indeed, He ruled my day. despite the so-many not-so-good/stressful things around, i was able to enjoy the day. at ang mas nakakatuwa dun, morning pa lang, inulan na ako ng happy moments. a friend told me that he passed the board exam, my dearest foreverfriend mars finally got a good job offer (and she already accepted it), i had a good chat with one of the interns at the Philippine Orthopedic Center (i went there for my check-up with Dr. Basibas), i ate a lot, and most of all, my meeting with my adviser went really well. thanking God is not enough. i can't stop praising Him for always allowing me to experience His presence, His power, and His majesty. by the way, eto pa pala, yesterday, dala ko yung physics book na ipapahiram ko kay Chai. usually, naglalakad lang ako from Balara to EEE kasi ang tagal dumating ng Toki. pero dahil sa mabigat yung dala ko kahapon at medyo malapit ng mag-730, kelangan ko na talagang sumakay ng jeep. pagbaba ko ng Katipunan jeep, habang naglalakad, i closed my eyes and whispered, "Lord, please po, I pray na may dumaang Toki. Thank you po." pagdating ko sa kanto, kung saan dumadaan ang Toki, saglit akong naghintay, at dumating na nga ang Toki. ang saya! kung tutuusin, simple lang naman yun. pero that's exactly the point, God works even in the simplest of things.
ayun lang. i just can't let this day pass without sharing how God has blessed me and the people around me. isa pa pala, i confessed kanina sa Quiapo and the priest was kind enough to give me advice regarding an issue that's been bothering me since the last time i saw my ninang.
what's with the title? well, that's how life goes. when it rains, it pours. kung pakiramdam niyo binabagyo na kayo ng mga problema, be still, know that God is working overtime para bagyuhin naman kayo ng blessings. living witness ako sa katotohanang yun. ako kasi, laging inuulan ng problema at struggles sa iba't ibang aspeto ng buhay ko, pero inuulan din ako ng blessings, at kung hindi man ako yung i-bless, yung mga tao namang pinagdarasal ko. laban lang tayo. God never gave up on us, wala rin tayong dahilan para sumuko. ^_^
ang ingay dito sa net shop, pero sa utak ko, i'm singing, "I will live to love You. I will live to bring You praise. I will live a child in awe of You."
i love God. He loves me more. ^_^

0 comments: