BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

It is better to trust the eyes rather than the ears.

I got the title from Mel and Joey and I believe there's wisdom in it. Can't help but share. ^_^

This Sunday, June 1, marks the first day of the Ordinary Time for the Catholic Church. And I would like to quote Monsi's homily during the 11am mass. After all the celebration and the feasts that the Church had during the previous months, now is the perfect time to really live out our faith. We ought to apply everything we've learned in the previous months to our daily lives. As James said, faith without works is dead. And today's readings support that. Sana hindi lang daw buhay ang Simbahan kapag may mga kapistahan. Ang challenge for us is to be able to live our lives extraordinarily especially during the ordinary times. Take the examples of the apostle Paul, and the late Pope John Paul II. Personally, I like St. Paul's story, starting from his conversion to his martyrdom. I am inspired by how faithful he has been to the Lord and I always find myself moved and touched everytime I read his life, his works, and just everything about him.

By the way, here are the readings this Sunday, I hope you'll find the time to read and reflect on them.

Deuteronomy 11:18, 26-28, 32
Psalm 31
Romans 3:21-25, 28
Matthew 7:21-27

0 comments: