BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How To Survive... (wala yung test sa UP Infirmary)

20 May, Tuesday 3:32PM

Just a little background. Mama and I went to Pineda to consult another doctor. You know, "second opinion". I woke up at 5am and we arrived there at around 630. Sobrang haba na ng pila at number 44 na ako. My number was called at 9:45am. I was given 3 new medicines, and was asked to undergo a certain test. Hindi na CT Scan, pero libo rin ang halaga. Hopefully meron sa UP Infirmary, para may discount. ^_^ [So Mommy, mali pala yung sagot ko sa'yo kahapon. Yes, I'm still under medication.. na naman. Hehe. At may oras talaga. Kaya mababago na naman ang aking lifestyle. Pero keri lang. I believe it would be better. ^_^]

Anyway, when we got home, kumain lang ako tapos natulog na. I swear, sobrang antok pa talaga ako. Cris knows that. Tanong nga niya kung magaling daw ba yung doctor (para pagtyagaan kong pilahan), sabi ni Mama, magaling daw. God knows best. Mothers know better. I know good. Hehe. Just kidding. =p

My brother woke me up kasi may dumating na bisita si Mama, at dahil wala pa siya, bumili ng gamot ko, ako muna ang nakipag-usap. At hindi na ako nakatulog. So syempre, naghanap ako ng pagkakaabalahan. I went through some old stuffs and found something that caught my attention. It was an article I wrote for the Engineering Society (which I was once part of) Newsletter more than two years ago. Just thought of sharing with you. ^_^

Disappointments: How to Handle Them*

As human beings, we can't deny the fact that at some point in our lives, we have been disappointed either with a person around us or with the situations that we're in. Some of us could have asked questions such as “why am I trapped in this family?”, “why am I not as talented as the other person?”, “why don't I have a boyfriend/girlfriend until now?” And maybe others have told themselves things like “no one really notices me, nothing I say/think is significant”, or “I don't like the way I look.” These statements are all caused by disappointments in the family, self-image, significance, talents and abilities, and romantic relationships. In order for us to overcome these frustrations, we must first track down their root causes.

Disappointments usually come as a result of discontentment. We seek something more beyond what we already have. We tend not to appreciate the little things that really matter. And if things don't go the way we want them to, we end up discouraged and dispirited. But what can we do? We're merely humans, born imperfect and fragile – yes, that may be right, but that doesn’t mean we're hopeless. We have to act and respond positively to our own disappointments. Everything definitely happens for a reason, and even the lowest points in our existence have their own lesson to impart. We don't need to be whiners, we must be winners! How? The Bible tells us everything we need to learn. First, we must realize that despite our flaws as humans, we are loved and cared for by a perfect Father and that we belong to an eternal family. So you don't have to worry about not having an ideal family here on Earth because we really do not belong here. Still be thankful that you have them. Besides, without our family, we wouldn't be here for sure. So why complain about them? Instead of thinking about their faults, why not reflect on how you could help in building a stronger and more harmonious relationship with them. Isn't that the best thing to do? Regarding self-image, why be insecure when all of us are created in the image of God? Of course we wouldn't all look the same, we're human beings, not clones. Let's just accept the fact that we are individuals possessing different traits and characteristics that make us unique. However big or small we are, in God's eyes, we are all beautiful. The feeling of insignificance is also something we must try to avoid, or I should say, 'we must avoid.' We are never alone, there's always God who hears our every cry. People may not see our worth, but God does. Talents? All of us are given special talents and abilities. These gifts can never be stolen. So why envy another person who sings better than you do? Who knows, you cook better than she does. =) We have to believe that our life is a gift from God. We do not lack any good thing from Him. It is natural for us to desire for a relationship but it doesn’t mean we have to be desperate. In God's time, the right person will come and all will be well.

Life on earth isn't perfect but we have the power to make it worthwhile. Our journey may be tough, but we can make it an adventure worth remembering. Live a happy life. Appreciate what you have. Most importantly, have a firm faith in God, in that way, you'll never be disappointed.

*From a Bible Study with the Campus Crusade for Christ Discipleship Group led by Ate Bon.

Ang haba rin pala. Hehe. By the way, may Biblical basis po yung article na ito. If you want to check on them, here's the list of the verses (and what they say). ^_^

1.Isaiah 49:15-16. Can a woman forget her nursing child and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me.

2.Psalm 139:13-14. For You have formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.

3.Psalm 116:1-2. I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

4.Romans 12:6-8. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

5.1 Corinthians 7:7. For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.

Here's some more Survivor Lessons. Nakita ko lang din sa aking mahiwagang baul. Hehe. Umm, dati kasi, nung hindi ko pa natagpuan ang SFC, naging member muna ako ng CCC sa UP. My first ever “household head” was Kuya Jon. Then came Ate Jing, then Ate Bon, then Ate Quel. Eventually, all of us moved on and headed to some other path. The Lord led me to the community to which I belong now, Kuya Jon stayed with CCC, Ate Jing got married (that's what I heard), Ate Quel is now in the US. Marami ng nangyari sa mga buhay namin, hindi ko rin alam kung makikita o makakasama ko pa sila, pero ang alam ko at sigurado ako, they will always be part of who I am now and who I will be. The things that I learned from them will always be with me for all time. ^_^ Anyway, eto na yung iba pang “How To's.”

How to Survive a Stressful Schedule:

To survive stress, be an ANT.

Proverbs 6:6-11. Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, which, having no captain, overseer or ruler, provides her supplies in the summer, and gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep – so shall your poverty come on you like a prowler, and your need like an armed man.

*Analyze the root cause of your stress.

*Note down your goals.

-What do I want to be or do in my lifetime?

-How do I want to be remembered at the end of 15 years?

*Time your activities wisely.

-What are the NON-NEGOTIABLE tasks and people who require your time? This will allow you to determine what your priorities are and to develop good habits.

-Determine which activities you will commit to do everyday, weekly, monthly, and yearly. This will help you to properly plan your day, month, and year.

-Make a schedule. Buy a planner, calendar, and write down everything you need to do.

How to Survive a Broken Heart: (Naku, maraming makakarelate! Haha! Buti na lang, tapos na ako dito. Hehe. Pero share ko rin ibang experience ko. Yung iba lang. Haha. Umm, nga pala, naisip ko lang, kayo na lang magbasa kung anong sinasabi ng verses. It's a good time to reflect din. ^_^)

Psalm 34:18. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart and saves such as have a contrite spirit.

1.EXPOSE your heart to God.

*God cares deeply for people in pain. (Psalm 34:18)

*Jesus feels everything that you are going through. (Hebrews 4:15)

We must always remember that we are understood and our feelings are validated. Jesus sympathizes with us. Remember, He too, wept. (John 11:35)

2.EXPRESS your pain.

*Share it with people you trust. (Matthew 26:38) [I did!]

*Allow yourself to cry. (Genesis 43:30 & John 11:35) [Who says crying is bad? Wala siguro siyang emosyon. Hmp! Hehe. May ganun? Wala lang. Sanay na akong masabihang 'bata' dahil sa pag-iyak ko. Pero I don't care. Hindi naman sila nakakaramdam ng nararamdaman ko e. Peace! ^_^]

*Know that your pain is not permanent. (Psalm 30:5 & Ecclesiastes 3:4) [Very comforting yung verses na 'to. At isa pa, yun nga, nothing in this world is permanent.]

3.EXPECT to be a better person.

*You will be able to help others through their pain. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5). [We all learn from experience diba nga? I would like to quote Bo Sanchez when he defined 'experience.' “Experience is not what happens to you. Experience is what you do to what happens to you.”]

*Going through pain can strengthen your character. (James 1:2-4, Romans 5:3-4, Colossians 3:13) [Agree! ^_^]

God never wastes a hurt. Again, everything happens for a reason. =)

It's been the rain
It's been the storms
It's been the days when I've been worn
That I have found You, Lord
That I have seen You, Father
It's in the pain
That I have grown
Through all the sorrow I have known
But if that's what it takes for You to lead me this far
Go ahead and break my heart.
-Kathy Troccoli-

Ang ganda di ba? Take it from me, sorrows bring us closer to God. And I already told myself, if I have to go through all of the pains this world could offer just to be nearer to the Lord, I would! Because God is worth living and worth dying for. ^_^ And now that I have grown so much in love with Him, I know my heart would never ever be broken because with God, I am complete.

How to Survive Your Imperfect Family:



3 Characteristics to Put On:

1.Humility.

*Proverbs 16:19
*Luke 15:18
*Proverbs 15:5
*Ephesians 4:32
*Proverbs 19:11





2.Obedience.

*Ephesians 6:1-3

3.Love.

*Romans 5:8

Ayun lang po. I would like to end this post with one of my favorite Hillsong songs. Ilang tulog na lang, concert na, I'm so excited! God bless everyone! Hanggang sa muli. ^_^

Through It All

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand

And lead me in Your righteousness
And I look to You
And I wait on You

I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all

0 comments: