BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Will Move

i will move
i will run
i will climb the highest mountain
for You are my priceless gold
i'll be swift
i'll be bold
from this land i'll conquer to the world
for You are my King and my God
i will move

that's the chorus of the conference song, "Move" by Bro. Mike Serapio. and that's also the battle cry of the community this year: MOVE (FORWARD IN CHRIST).

as promised, i'll be sharing the conference proper (especially for those who were not able to attend the conference: my twin sister shy and soul sister mae). what i'll be sharing are the notes provided in the kit, my personal thoughts, and the thoughts i heard from our last night's chapter teaching. by the way, i would like to commend our sharers, ate julie, ate flory, kuya ralph, kuya rhed, sidh, tin, and glenn for giving great insights. honestly, i felt like i was in the conference again. God really spoke through you guys last night. thanks for letting Him use you. :)

Session 1: in Christ... this is the life!
Speaker: Kuya Jomar Salumbides

The SFC life is a life where Christ is alive. It is...
... a life of revelations
... a life of conversion
... a life of healing and forgiveness
... a life of mission and sacrifice
... a life of fulfilled promises

But more than anything, it has been a life lived with Jesus.

Everything points to Jesus! My life should reveal Him. In Him I am healed and forgiven. He IS the promise fulfilled.

In all my experiences, Jesus has brought out the very best out of all that I have gone through, simply because He went through them with me.

Jesus calls me to a life lived with, a life in, and a life for Him each and every day! There is no other life to be lived. THIS IS THE LIFE!

*What touched me most about this talk was the parade of real people who have experienced conversion. From sexual addicts to Gospel addicts, from abused to wounded healers. Their stories are really moving and inspiring. Indeed, with God, nothing is ever impossible. Because even the gravest sins are forgiven, even the most painful experiences are turned into blessings, and even the most difficult persons are loved and converted. That's how God works. Simply amazing. And yes, despite all the imperfections of the community, despite all the pain, the stress, the frustrations, I still am, and will always be thankful that I am here in SFC. This is where I belong. Because THIS IS MY LIFE.

Ate Julie, in her sharing last night, defined life as what differs us from the dead. She got it from a book (I forgot the title, sorry. I'd ask her later. :D). And with that definition, she encouraged us to live life the way it should be lived - full & with purpose. I remember the batte cry during the "Home" Conference: Love Deeply. Live Fully. And what better statement could describe that kind of life than this: JESUS INSIDE!

*Just live your life with God inside, you won't regret one moment of it.* - Free, Hillsong

Session 2: forgetting what lies behind
Speaker: Kuya Michael Arriola*

*he was our recollection master (during the Pre-ICON recollection for the service team)

**for this part, i would just post what's written on the kit because it truly says it all.**

Similar to my own life, even my icon, Jesus, did not live in perfect conditions:
Jesus was tempted (Desert Experience)
Jesus was betrayed (Judas & Peter)
Jesus was scourged (Passion)
Jesus was forsaken (Crucifixion)

If I constantly look to Jesus, He will enable me to see beyond my imperfect conditions and help me resolve to make the best out of what I am blessed to be part of.

Jesus made LOVING ME His primary business on earth. He showed me how to deal with my human emotions, to overcome temptations and to resolve conflict. He assures me that He is with me and that He will never give up on me.

(Sorry, I have to share this song... NEVER GIVE UP - JOSH BATES)

Time after time You’ve been left behind
like the sun when it’s starting to rain
Time after time You’ve been forgotten
like a picture that’s faded with age
Time after time You ran after me
when I was still running away

You never give up on me
No, You never give up on me
Though I’m weak You are strong
You told me I still belong
No, You never, never give up on me

Time after time I’ve used Your grace
as a way to do what I please
I’ve taken for granted prayers that You answered
never been all I could be
You are holding out Your hands
and now I clearly see

You never give up on me
No, You never give up on me
Though I’m weak You are strong
You told me I still belong
No, You never, never give up on me

You always erase all my mistakes
You lift me up when I'm down
Through all the ages, Your love never changes
You welcome me just as I am

You never give up on me
No, You never give up on me
Though I’m weak You are strong
You told me I still belong
No, You never, never give up on me

During times when I can't understand what is happening in my life, I will go to the One who not only understands me, but also loves me completely. He will grace me with what I need to fill my heart with peace, regardless of my circumstances.

Trial after trial, suffering after suffering He experienced, His response was always to go back to the Father. I know I should also nurture an intimate relationship with the Father so that I can also be confident to run to Him.

*The session ended with the band singing this beautiful and moving song. I have always loved singing this because it really is my song. (WHO AM I - CASTING CROWNS)

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

i couldn't say anything more. this talk is really for me. and believe it or not, as i type, tears are flowing from my eyes. i still can hear God speaking. and right this moment, i can feel His embrace. it feels like i'm having a conference at home, with Him. (Abba, thank You. I missed You. Thank You for never giving up on me. Thank You for loving me completely, unconditionally, eternally.)

Just one last thing, let me share Ate Flory's sharing last night: Forget, but remember with gratitude. Why? Because everything happens for a reason. And God uses even the darkest times of our life to lead us to the LIGHT. It is but proper to thank Him for everything because without those experiences, we will never grow, we will never learn.

Session 3: Setting our Hearts on the Prize (Benediction & High Mass)
(Sorry guys, I wasn't able to note the name of our speaker and the priests. This was the time when we were preparing for the High Mass.)

Nothing in the world can make sense to me unless I keep Jesus in my life. I may be rich, well-known, even loved by many, but these will not last if I do not encounter Jesus in them. I NEED JESUS IN MY LIFE because JESUS IS LIFE.

Jesus is not only a role model. More importantly He is Someone who wants to have the deepest, most intimate friendship with me. He takes delight in my company and His heart is gripped with love for me.

The love of my God is beyond words. He desires to be forever in union with me. Out of love for the Father and for us, our icon Jesus allowed Himself to suffer and die on the cross to bring forth life.

Through the celebration of the Holy Eucharist, Jesus allows me to be united with and in Him.

I share in that suffering and death every time I experience my own trials and sufferings. I receive life every time I participate in the celebration of the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist and receive His body and blood - and by God's grace, I become a bearer of life to others.

*The most striking statement during this session was this: MAKE YOUR OWN LOVE STORY WITH GOD. We were challenged to make every day a profession of our love for our Creator. Let us make our lives a love story with and for God. Just thought of this song: How sweet it is to be loved by You. Indeed, to love and to be loved is the most beautiful feeling and what greater feeling would there be than to love and be loved by no less than the FATHER? :)

Session 4: Forward in Christ
Speaker: Kuya Aldy Katigbak

I can now move forward because I do so IN Christ. I will remember the posture of Jesus' heart...

C Catholic
H Humble
R Radical
I Intercessory
S Sacrificial
T Togetherness

Only in Christ Jesus will I be able to move forward in the right direction, with the right attitude and with sufficient love.

SFC Vision: Every single man & woman all over the world experiencing Christ.

SFC Mission:
Building the Church of the home and building the Church of the poor.

*With Jesus as our ICON, we can never go wrong. I have one realization here, moving on is never enough, we have to MOVE FORWARD.. in Christ and with Christ.

I remember what Msgr. Pagulayan told me when I confessed to him: You have already moved forward and there's no more chance to look and turn back. As long as you no longer have hatred in your heart, you don't need to worry about not having a past relationship restored. It happened because God made it happen. Because He has a better plan and a better path for you.

Allow me to share this beautiful verse from the book of Joshua. I believe that this is what we need as we move forward - an affirmation that we are never alone. As we march as God's army, let's take these words in our hearts. Let them be our shield and our most powerful weapon as we face the battle.

JOSHUA 1:1-9 (I WILL BE WITH YOU)
[1]After the death of Moses, Yahweh spoke to Joshua, the son of Nun and the minister of Moses, and said to him: [2]"My servant Moses is dead; therefore, the hour has come for you to cross the Jordan River, and all the people shall go with you to the land which I give to the sons of Israel. [3]I give you all the places where you set your feet, as I promised Moses. [4]Your frontiers will extend from the mountain of Lebanon in the north, to the desert in the south, as far as the great Euphrates in the east and the Great Sea in the west.

[5]As long as you live, no one will be able to stand against you. I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not leave you or abandon you. [6]Be valiant and have courage for I will give this people the land I swore to their fathers I would give them. [7]Therefore, be brave and faithfully fulfill the Law which Moses, my servant, gave you. Do not turn aside from it either to the right or to the left, and you shall succeed wherever you go. [8]Constantly read the book of this Law and meditate on it day and night that you may truly do what it says. So shall your plans be fulfilled and you shall succeed in everything. [9]It is I who command you; be strong, then, and be valiant. Do not tremble or be afraid, because Yahweh, your God, is with you wherever you go."

I'll end this post with the community's theme song for this year. With that, may God be praised! :)

WE'LL BE FAITHFUL

Forgetting what lies behind
Setting our hearts on the prize
Always keeping our eyes on our Lord Jesus
We're running the race to win
All the way to the end
Laying down every sin that would seek to hinder us

And we'll be faithful
To our calling
For You are able to keep us from falling
For in Your promise, we will trust
We'll be faithful to finish the work You began in us

FORWARD IN CHRIST!

4 comments:

rhemz said...

hello po ate. i like reading ur blog especially from u who is a proud sfc member.by the way, im remwell, sfc as well mula po sa cebu. it was my first time to join an ilc sa sfc ( i have already participated one during my yfc years).it was a great experience and proud po kami kasi sa cebu ito ginanap. and im looking forward to join in the next ilc sa davao. sana makajoin kaming lahat...

Aiza Garnica Santos said...

hi rhemz! :) thanks thanks sa comment. sayang, we weren't able to meet sa cebu. di bale, next year, kitakits sa davao! :) God bless!

aiza (http://friendster.com/bosstink)

rhemz said...

oo nga, nakita q lang kasi q tong blog mo when i search the song move. sayang nga, baka next year, magkikita po tayo. iaadd po kita sa friendster. sana maging friends tayo

Aiza Garnica Santos said...

sureness. :D

aiza_garnica@ymail.com ^_^

God bless!