BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Notes from the Pre-ICON Recollection

During the days when I wasn't online, I've been busy doing a lot of things, attending a lot of events, and going to a lot of places. Two of the highlights of the previous weeks are the following:
*Jan. 31 - Feb. 1: SFC Weekend 2 (Retreat) - Sitio Mayagay, Sampaloc, Tanay Rizal
*Feb. 3: Pre-ICON Recollection - CFC Center

I also had several company exams and interviews, chorale rehearsals, tutorials, thesis reports, etc. Busy is an understatement. But I thank God for being my Planner. He is simply amazing. Without Him, I would be lost. And so, for my "comeback post", I would like to share the things I have written during last night's recollection. Thanks to Kuya Michael who was a great recollection master and to Brother Ekie(?) for leading us to deep and powerful worship (I missed singing Nothing More & Heaven is Here).

*****
Note: Headings are provided by yours truly. They are only based on my understanding of the things discussed by the speaker/s. ^_^

For service to become a blessing and not a burden, keep in mind these three things:
1. Serve with a joyful heart.
2. Serve with a faithful heart, a heart that prays.
3. Serve with a loving heart.

It's not the talent that you have, it's not how well you do your job, it's the posture of your heart that matters most.

Emptiness is sometimes a state of grace. When you're empty, that's the only time when God can fill you.

5 Must-Have Attitudes of a Servant
1. Be joyful. Rejoice! -> God hears the plea of your heart. (Psalm 6:10; Psalm 34:5)
2. Always stand on the truth. -> Because when you do so, you can never be moved.
3. Live a sacramental life. Be full of grace. (To live a full life, one must receive the Holy Communion and confess regularly.)
4. Remain humble. -> Humility is asking God to take over. Affirm God that without Him, nothing can ever be accomplished.
5. Always act with love. -> The Lord doesn't want your time. The Lord doesn't want your talent and skills. THE LORD WANTS YOU! Let Him know how much you love Him.

That's it. :) I would like to end this post with a song. This is one of the songs I missed.

NOTHING MORE

I prayed for Your word and You answered me
Lord I asked for forgiveness and You pardoned me
I prayed for strength and You empowered me
Lord I asked for providence and You blessed me

There's nothing more I want
There's nothing more I need
There's nothing more I want
There's nothing more I need
Than to be with You

Teach me oh God to be faithful
Lord mold me to be patient
Teach me oh God to be secure in You
Lord mold me to love You

Good night & God bless everyone! ^_^

14 days to go before the 16th SFC ICON! (i am excited! :D)

0 comments: