BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

in the stillness.. [part 2]

as promised, may part 2. ^_^

08.19.08


i woke up with a verse in mind. i dreamt about it and it just never left my memory. i opened the Bible to see what it says. and i swear, goosebumps were all over me upon reading it.

the verse was: Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers...

if you would read the whole chapter, you'd find out that it's about Paul's ministry of the Gospel of Christ. to me, it was an assurance, an affirmation that God indeed sees everything, and to Him, nothing is in vain, not even my slightest effort. as long as i serve Him, i have nothing to worry about what people may think or say about me. because whatever story they'd come up with, GOD IS MY WITNESS! He knows the truth. that's how i interpreted that verse. and i am thankful for that message. ^_^

my day went well. and after praying, God led me to Jeremiah 9:23-24.
Thus says the Lord:
"Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom
Let not the mighty man glory in his might
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches

But let him who glories glory in this
That he understands and knows Me
That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth
For in these I delight."

a simple reminder that all glory and praise belongs to God and not to us - not to me, not to anyone else.

mae shared Jeremiah 3:19-25. verse 22 was the most striking: "Return to Me, you, rebellious ones. And I will cure you of your rebelling."

sabi nga ni mae, God is so forgiving. sana raw hindi Siya magsawa. well i believe so. because God would never give up on us. His mercy endures forever and His love is everlasting. ^_^

*****
08.20.08

i read Ezra 3 (The Restoration of Worship). verse 11 says, And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord. For He is good, for His mercy endures forever toward Israel. (compare to Psalm 136)

i thought of this song:

Heart of Worship

When the music fades
All is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search must deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus

King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search must deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus

enough said. ^_^

mae shared Romans 3:28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith, apart from the deeds of the law.

it's all about two things: faith in God and personal relationship with Him.

i forgot to mention in my last post, mae shared 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3 last Tuesday. And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.

ang ganda no? again, assurance that God is faithful and that He will always protect us from any harm.

*****
bukas na lang yung part 3. moment muna kame ni God. ^_^

0 comments: