BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

in the stillness.. [part 1]

please bear with me for this is a long post. i just can't help but share..

the previous week has been among the most meaningful weeks of my life. so many things have happened. so many decisions have been made. and i must say, i have no regrets. ^_^

i should have been at the UP Sunken Garden, i should have been one of the participants of the GK 1 MB Rally, but i decided not to come. because i miss God. i told kuya don that i suddenly felt the need to be still, look back, and reflect first on the so many inputs that God has given me during the weeks that passed. and so, that's what i'm doing...

it all started last Sunday, August 17.
*****
08.17.08
[taken from my journal... ellipses represent the omitted parts]

today, i renewed my commitment to the Lord. and i am happy to start again. for quite a while, i haven't been able to spend time talking to God in a personal prayer time. yes, i do pray and talk to Him regularly, but i have ceased from spending/dedicating the 21st hour of the day with/to Him. but now, i resolved to bring back the 9pm prayer time again. and what's nice about it is the fact that i'm spending it with mae.... we agreed to share with each other the verses to which we were lead after our personal prayers. and amazingly, both of the verses we've read tonight were about faith and trust, and consistent with the Gospel which was about the persistent Canaanite woman.

from Mae: Sirach 2:1-6
"My son, when you come to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for trials. Be sincere of heart and steadfast, undisturbed in times of adversity. Cling to Him, forsake Him not; thus will your future be great. Accept whatever befalls you, in crushing misfortune, be patient; for in fire gold is tested, and worthy men in the crucible of humiliation. Trust God and He will help you; make straight your ways and hope in Him."

God led me to: Psalm 11:1 (In the Lord I put my trust...) and Psalm 9 (Prayer and Thanksgiving for the Lord's Righteous Judgments)
Verses 1-2 and 9-10 were the most striking.

1-2: I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.

9-10: The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
A refuge in times of trouble.
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

indeed God is moving. and He is a consistent God. i missed Him, i missed talking to Him. this time, i would no longer let go of the chance to spend quality time with Him. i love the Lord. He loves me most.

*****
08.18.08

date with tweet2.

i missed them terribly and i have resolved to meet with them regularly. i decided to take better care of my relationships. i have come to realize that indeed, old friends are the best ones to keep. but that doesn't mean i no longer value new friendships. it's just that those who have been with me for the longest time are the ones who really know me and have come to accept me for all that i was, i am, and will become. that's why i'm taking care of my relationships (both old and new). because i want them to last. ^_^

God's message after my prayer time came from 2 Samuel 12 and Ecclesiastes 5:1-5

2 Samuel 12 (Nathan Rebukes David)
the most striking verses were 22-23. [i recommend that you read the whole chapter. it's quite long but it's an interesting story.]

And he said, "While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?' But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." [this was David's reply when his servants questioned him about his reaction on the death of his child]

my understanding/realization is this: make known to God your petitions, tell Him your desires, but trust that His plans are bigger than ours. He knows better, and no matter how much we pray for something, if it is not His will, He won't make it happen. just like the saying, "do your best and God will do the rest." just do your best and leave the results to God. at kung ano man ang maging answer Niya, i-grant man Niya o hindi yung prayer natin, maniwala lang tayo na yun yung best for us. don't get mad/frustrated. hindi nagkakamali si God. ^_^

Ecclesiastes 5:1-5 (Fear God and Keep Your Word)
1: Walk prudently when you go to the house of God and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know what they do evil.
2: Do not be rash with your mouth
And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God
For God is in heaven and you on earth
Therefore let your words be few.
3: For a dream comes through much activity
And a fool's voice is known by his many words.
4: When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it
For He has no pleasure in fools
Pay what you have owed
5: Better not to vow than to vow and not pay.

Verses 4-5 had the most effect on me. same thing as never make a promise that you can't keep.

by the way, something caught my attention while we (mars, binoy, vincci, and i) were walking to SC for merienda. it's a tarp which says: God is able to do immeasurable! ang ganda no? and i believe it's true! with God, indeed, all things are possible. and true enough, His power is LIMITLESS!

*****
ok, para hindi naman masyadong mahaba, i'll end this post here. may part 2 na lang. hehe.

0 comments: