BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

late post.

*Sometimes, it's not love.. sometimes, you had just become so attached that you have developed a need for that person.. JUST A NEED.. NOT LOVE..
[hmm.. so goes "i love you because i need you?" too bad.. in that case, persons are not treated as PERSONS but as OBJECTS - something we can use to satisfy our needs.. tsk. tsk.]

*No person has the right to condemn your heart because no one knows how much you're hurting. [true.]

*Don't waste your time on someone who doesn't appreciate you the way you should be appreciated. Don't ever settle for mediocrity, for being just an option, for being the one who's just fun to be with, for being the one who's always there, desperately waiting for mere concern or pity; or someone who likes you just because he/she knows he's/she's got the power to break you. Don't settle because deep down, you know who you are, and you know without a doubt that you deserve better if not the best.
>>need i say more? i learned this the hard way. just a little sharing. when i was in high school i had a list of qualities that i want my man to have. i listed around 40 qualities - from physical appearance to talents and skills to attitude.. in short, i've come up with my "ideal man".. a guy friend told me that i'm looking for mr. perfect and that unfortunately, he doesn't exist, so even if i wait forever, he will never ever come.. because there's no such being.. i didn't listen to him.. instead, i remained hopeful (and prayerful) that someday, i'll meet him - the man who would meet all my "requirements".. and then a guy came.. and eventually (after a year) i fell in love with him.. during the first few months, i was consulting my checklist.. good thing, he had some of the qualities listed there.. but as i get to know him more, i also began to take my checklist for granted.. one reason was that i could no longer find qualities of him that matches any of those written on my list.. another thing was, i was fooled by my heart when it told me that "when you love a person, you love ALL of him, no if's, no but's, no questions asked.." stupidity ruled, and my logical brain wasn't able to win over my illogical heart. and after almost three years of living in a fantasy world (where i claimed that our relationship was perfect), i woke up from a nightmare that almost killed me. it took me a year to recover from such pain. and then came another.. and i thought he'd be "it".. he promised to take care of me, protect me, and love me more than the previous guy did. i remember him texting my 1st ex that he (the 2nd ex) won't hurt me the same way that my 1st ex did. well, true enough, he didn't hurt me the same way, he did worse than that. haha. well at least he didn't lie when he said that. (and sad to say, after learning everything that i need to know about him, i'm thinking that was the only TRUTH he has ever told.. everything else was a LIE..) so what's my point? i don't know either. hehe. i'm lost. :)) well, just recently, on one of my "thinking days", i came up with this WHAT IF: "What if I strictly followed the requirements/standards that I've set? What if I really waited for the man who possesses ALL of those qualities?" Only two things could happen, either I'd be waiting forever and eventually die alone OR I would be the happiest person in the whole universe - free from PAIN and HEARTACHES and would not have experienced emotional death.. BUT.. I wouldn't have grown this strong either. And man, the lessons that I learned from those two guys and the failed relationships I had with them are PRICELESS. I may have lost them (and I may have also lost some of my precious time, effort, understanding, tears, and much much genuine love) but I have gained WISDOM, which is more valuable. ^_^ Why am I sharing this? Because I want to. hehe. Seriously, I just want to write. Actually, i was supposed to post text messages only.. but as you can see, it didn't end with just text messages. hehe. well, that's just me.. ^_^

and i also want to say this: stop blaming people. we all get hurt, and we, too, intentionally or not, hurt others as well. so let's just stop pointing our fingers to anyone. why don't we just accept the fact that we, too, commit mistakes, and that sometimes, we are also the ones who hurt ourselves? the best way to heal your broken soul is to admit that you've been hurt not just by people, but also by your own foolish heart (or even sometimes, your illogical mind). forgive those who hurt you, but more than that, forgive yourself. learn. let go. move on. that's it. then you'd find out that indeed, THERE'S ALWAYS A RAINBOW/SUNSHINE AFTER THE RAIN. (kung gabi man dumating yung ulan, hindi mo na nga makikita yung rainbow at sunshine, pero for sure, kinabukasan, liliwanag na uli. -para sa mga pilosopo diyan. hehe. naniniguro lang. haha.) ^_^

*Until God sends me my angel on earth to love and to cherish forever, I will be content to be alone. I will wait until the day God will say, "Here is the one for you. Live happily ever after, your name is written on his heart." [cute! ^_^]

*Life is too short to stress yourself with people who do not even deserve to be an issue in your life. [naman! haha.]

*You start to get hurt the moment you begin to care. [especially if that care isn't appreciated, worse, if the one you care for takes you for granted or doesn't even know you exist.. c'mon! emo! :p]

*You will always know what you want.. Oftentimes, you just don't know what you are willing to give up for it. [hmmm..]

I've been over busy these days.. there's a lot that I'd like to share.. maybe next time.. maybe.. ^_^

0 comments: