BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

GOD knows.

Wednesday, January 14.

I accomplished a lot today, just as I do on most days. :) But the best thing about today is Father Raymond's Homily.

Most, if not all, of us have already heard and/or used the expression "God knows." And according to Father Raymond, that expression could mean three things:

1. We use it when we want to talk about some indescribable or unexplainable event or feeling. (God knows how happy I am to be here with all of you. OR God knows how blessed I am to have you.)

2. We use it to keep secrets or when we don't want to speak any further. (God knows. Period.)

3. We use it when want to comfort someone and we don't know what to tell him/her. (God knows how you feel and what you're going through.)

Indeed, God knows!

And it's not simply KNOWLEDGE. It's knowledge with a sense of intimacy. God doesn't just know our names, but He knows every little thing about us. God knows what we feel. God knows what joy is in our hearts. God knows our success. God knows our failures. God knows how broken we are. God knows who we really are.

We ought to know too. We ought to know the sufferings of others. We ought to know the needs of our brothers and sisters. We ought to be aware of and be sensitive to the feelings of the people around us. We ought to know God.

The question for us is this: How do we know God?

Do we just know Him by name? Or we know Him so well that we can introduce Him to people through the way we live our lives?

God knows us, do we really know Him?

God knows us. Let's do our best to know Him. :)

To end this post, I would like to share one of my most-loved songs for Daddy God.

This is from Rebecca St. James. (You can listen to my playlist here. It's also posted on my Multiply homepage. ^_^)

PSALM 139

You search me
You know me
You see my every move
There's nothing I could ever do
To hide myself from You
You know my thoughts
My fears and hurts
My weaknesses and my pride
You know what I am going through
And how I feel inside
But even though You know
You will always love me
Even though You know
You'll never let me go
I don't deserve Your love
But You give it freely,
You will always love me
Even though You know
You will always love me
Even though you know

Happy, blessed, and fruitful day everyone! ^_^

0 comments: