BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

if today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts..

i woke up with an aching back and a heavy head. i'm still not feeling well. if i had a choice, i would have stayed in bed and just sleep and rest the whole day. but i have to go to UP because i need to talk to Sir Danao. i arrived a little late at the ME department. Sir Danao just left and i was told that he "may" be back after lunch. disappointed, i went straight to my sanctuary in UP - the adoration chapel.

the previous weeks had been so stressful. i've had lots of frustrations and disappointments. i'm getting tired talking to people, understanding their sentiments, taking the responsibilities they ought to do. i've always been the "dependable" one. it has always been ME. what's frustrating is the fact that I CAN DEPEND ON NOBODY. since i've been the dependable lady, everyone's counting on me but I CAN'T COUNT ON ANYONE.

sad. frustrating. but true.

well, that's how i feel with all the things that's been happening. so i poured out all my frustrations to the ONLY ONE I CAN DEPEND ON - GOD! i spent half an hour or so talking to Him because i know ONLY HE CAN UNDERSTAND. i felt a whole lot better after my date with the Lord, as always.

i spent some more minutes in the chapel. i scanned my planner and i realized how busy i had been (and still am!). i eventually closed my planner, knelt down before the Blessed Sacrament, and went to the chapel to attend the 12nn mass. outside the adoration chapel stood a woman in black who seemed to be waiting for someone. true enough, she is! and that someone is ME! yes! she's been waiting for me. she saw me praying and her attention was caught by what's printed on my shirt. i'm wearing the "love one another/at home" shirt from this year's ILC. she asked me if i'm a member of a christian group. and i said yes, Singles for Christ. i don't know what she saw in me but she was very concerned. she asked me if i had already taken my lunch and i told her that i'll have lunch after the 12nn mass. we had a good conversation. she said that she is a lawyer, and so is her husband. her daughter is a 2nd year BS Chemistry student in the university. i really don't know how or why but we both touched and inspired each other. she told me things that a mother would tell her daughter and i was really comfortable talking to her. then her husband came. she told me that she would pray for me and that i should take care of my health. and because i won't be able to have lunch with them, she gave me what's supposed to be her offering in the chapel. i was hesitant to accept the money but she insisted. she left with nothing but good words and reminders for me as if i was her daughter. i was really touched.

thank you tita maricar! i will pray for you and your family. i know God will bless you more. and thank You Lord for letting me know such a good person as tita maricar albay.

.....

and what did God's voice tell me?

"My child, cheer up! It is not always you. It is NOT JUST you. I am always here! I'm with you anywhere and everywhere. You don't need to feel that nobody cares because I do! And don't ever think that only you understand, only you care, because there are people, who may be strangers to you, but sincerely cares for you and your well-being. You can count on them, for I AM IN THEM."

such a sweet message from an ever-loving Father. and amazingly, i realized that everything is connected to Bo's message in Preacher in Blue Jeans today.

"Be not just a tourist, but a pilgrim. Be not just a pilgrim who seeks God in the sacred, holy places, but a pilgrim who seeks and sees God anywhere and everywhere."

indeed, God is ever-present in our midst, because He is IN us and WITH us.

here's the song i'm singing right now...

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hands
and lead me in Your righteousness

and i look to You
and i wait on You

I'll sing to You Lord a hymn of love
for Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You never let me go, through it all..

0 comments: