BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 21, 2006

blog post for dec 19

so many things have happened since the last time i updated this blog. let me share the biggest events in my life.. the most important ones..

nov 25 - baptism (SFC)
i can't explain the mystery behind the uncontrollable tears falling from my eyes as we were prayed over by the older members in the community. i felt like something heavy was laid on my head and my hands seemed to have been placed on top of a raging fire.. i just cried the whole night.. but it was one of the best nights in my life. something strange happened but at the same time, i felt closer to my batchmates.. we had dinner together and it was among the times when we had the strongest bonding as a batch.. everyone seemed happy and although we came home late, the fulfillment is still there, knowing that we're closer to God now more than ever..

dec 2 - musicale (SFC)
after about a month of practice, we finally presented the fruit of our labor - the cabaret. i can feel the tension among my co-performers and it didn't help me to relax and be calm.. it was like hell.. everyone's worried about the costumes, the props, and everything else.. but God has proven Himself for the nth time, He didn't leave us, He was just there. Although we weren't able to grab the award for the best performance, we still went home with smiles on our faces because we know that we have done our best for God's glory. ask about my transformation? sorry, but i'll end here. =D

dec 5 - tambay sa sunken with leonard, tweet2 friends, and baby vaughn
i was just so happy to be with the people i hold dearest to my heart.. i hope days like this would be forever.. i hope they won't end..

dec 9 - Lord's Day & Christmas Party (SFC)
need i say more? i have one word to describe the whole event: fun! =)
dec 15 - UP Lantern Parade (tweet2)
i was with my tweet2 friends the whole day.. one of the best memories in my university life..
first night of the misa de gallo..

dec 19 - 4th misa de gallo
i wasn't able to attend the anticipated mass yesterday evening because of the SFC practice for the caroling. good thing, a brother (sidh) offered to attend the 5am mass with me.. and just like a blessing in disguise, the mass turned out to be something fun and meaningful. during the homily, the priest taught us a song and according to him, the song summarizes the true meaning of Christmas.. it is entitled "Jesus is Beautiful" and it goes like this:

Beautiful, beautiful
Jesus is beautiful
Jesus makes beautiful
things of my life
Carefully
watching me
causing my eyes to see
Jesus makes beautiful
things of my life

the song gives us hope that Jesus would still make beautiful things in our ugly lives.. we may have turned away from God but Christmas is here to remind us that through Jesus, we could go back to the righteous way. As what the priest has said, no matter how ugly our ways have been, Jesus, who comes to us during Christmas, can change us and make us beautiful persons again, if only we let Him in.

0 comments: